|Posted by LEE JUNE MO on July 21, 2015 at 5:25 AM|
1. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a programme and fund.
2. The UNDP belong to UNGA and ECOSOC
3. It is Main UN organ that works in the area of development
4. UNDP is formed in 1965
5. Its headquarter is in New York.
6. UNDP promotes development in 177 countries by reducing poverty, supporting democratic governance, increasing crisis prevention and recovery, promoting sustainable development, and achieving international development goals like the MDGs.
7. UNDP is the leader organization of the UNDG.
8. UNDP make development goals project in the summit.
※The MDGs is one of the development goals which is made by UNDP.
It make enormous progress on ending the poverty. Yet despite this success, the poverty has not been ended for all.
So United Nations member states decide to start new development goals.
It is called SDGs(sustainable development goals) and have 17goals.
SDGs is a new agenda to finish the job of the MDGs.
1.End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2.End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
3.Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
4.Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5.Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6.Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
7.Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
8.Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all
9.Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation, and foster innovation
10.Reduce inequality within and among countries
11.Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
12.Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
13.Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts (taking note of agreements made by the UNFCCC forum)
14.Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
15.Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification and halt and reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss
16.Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
17.Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development